May, what a gift you were to me. Where early spring brought challenges of anxiety, an emergency business overhaul, sadness, and deep, difficult, but freeing spiritual work, you, May, have brought me this:
- a settled feeling of joy
- knowing that I am known and loved
- feeling empowered from taking a stand (even though it felt like crumbling)
- feeling more like my true self
- sunny summery skies and beautiful thunderstorms
In early spring I pulled a plug from my business and stopped taking new clients. Then, when things were still really rough physically and emotionally, I decided to let several of my clients go from their contracts (#humbling). This space allowed me time to assess the direction of my life, assess the things I was running from (using mainly my business as the excuse), and to heal. Like really, deeply, quietly and slowly heal. I'm still healing. It's not glamorous, it's not an envy-causing or identity-boosting image on Instagram. It's not 100 likes, or a new thing I'm doing. It's just real, beautiful life with the real people I love.
So, here's a little recap of some of the goings-on of a healing May:
- 6 weddings
- 1 senior photo shoot in Beaufort, NC with my HAMU besties, Joanne and Michelle
- A little bit of rest time in Beaufort tagged on
- Reading Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequest
- A date night with my man to Foundation & Brewery Bhavana (both are a must-try!)
- A date afternoon at Jubala - we love the one on Hillsborough because it's close to our house and has a great view of the Belltower
- A trip to Lake Gaston with the Ray family, which was SO sweet and restful and green!
- I was nominated for Southern Weddings Best of the South Wedding Awards (The Pineys!) for Best Hairstylist! WHAT! I am so honored! If you haven't voted yet, it would mean so much if you would vote for me here! Voting ends June 9th.
- I'm turning 30!!!! Woohoo! I have no idea what is going on other than that John told me to save an entire week with no plans.
- 4 weddings
- 3 trials
- Enjoying home
- The Piney's will be announced!
How has your start to summer been? Anything you are planning for or looking forward to in June?
With lots of love,