Pictured above: I'm totally into florals, tea, hair adornments including the scarfed ponytail, fresh fruit and veg from the farmers market, gardening, glossy lip gloss, and poppy makeup colors for spring.
- Picnic at the JC Ralston Arboretum - we live super close to the Arboretum and it is always so lovely in springtime. A bonus is that it's super close to Neomande so we usually pick up a meal to go and then enjoy the fresh air!
- Duke Gardens + Lunch Date in Durham
- Pick LOTS of fresh strawberries - We eat smoothies almost every day so we fly through strawberries. We're gonna stock up and freeze them this year! Does anyone have a good recommendation for U-pick near Raleigh?
- Durham Bulls Game - beer, hot dogs, baseball, and fireworks on a chilled spring night? Yes please!
- Put out a hummingbird feeder - We live in downtown Raleigh, with no back yard and a shared front porch, so we have a little hanger outside of our 2nd story window with a bird feeder for me to enjoy the birds while I'm standing at the sink. My grandma always used to have the classic red and yellow hummingbird feeder, so I picked up a cheap one at the Dollar Tree to get those happy feels, and hopefully some little friends soon, too!
- Work on my porch garden - Most of my outdoor plants die pretty quickly due to unfavorable weather, bugs, or negligence, but I'm gonna give it another try this year! I picked out some wildflower seeds, a hyacinth bulb, the geranium plant we've had since our wedding (in 2012!) and I am going to try to replant our Easter Lillies. Wish me green thumbs!
- Ride bikes in Beaufort - We will be going to celebrate our 6 year anniversary as well as Cinco de Mayo with my TN BFF Laura Jo, and there are totally trips where I don't break out the bikes. Riding bikes was my absolute favorite past-time as a kid, and it gives me the freest feeling, so I'm making it a pri-ort (as John and I say) for these trips!
- Wednesday night fitness at North Hills - they offer free outdoor fitness classes every Wednesday in the spring, and I'm super pumped to take part!
- Enjoy Dorothea Dix park - frisbee, picnic, good views of the city
- Spring Minki Gathering - we try to get together once a season, and even though 2 of us are in the process of moving, we're gonna try to make it work!
What is on your spring Bucket List? I hope you enjoy this season to the full, with loads of grace and presentness.