I know I'm a little late to be posting this, but rest assured, we've been chipping away at our little Fall bucket list for a few weeks now! If you a seasonal Bucket List posted, link it in a comment! I'd love to read it! We do have a few more weeks before all the gold-yellow-orange-red is traded in exclusively for red and green.
- Travel to Boone and Blowing Rock - check! We spent a beautiful weekend getaway together in Blowing Rock (before the craziness of a family wedding and the holidays sets in) and hit a few of our bucket list items here - we hiked in the gorgeous weather, took pictures, picked fresh apples, and sat by a fire here, too!
- #PSL - check! So basic that no one even cares about basic-ness anymore. Get the traditional PSL or the sister MPL (maple pecan latte), just be sure to ask for 1/2 the pumps if you get it from Starbucks so you don't rot your teeth out from all the sweet! Other great PSL's around town are at Yellow Dog and Jubala!
- NC State Fair - ok, so normally this is high up on our fall bucket list, but since we spent some time and money in the mountains, we opted to skip this year, but you better believe I'm already looking forward to the corn and big slides for next year!
- Fresh Apples - check! We went to the Orchard at Altapass and would recommend this to anyone! It's a 30 minute drive from Blowing Rock via the parkway, and it is right off the parkway! There's a little cafe to grab a bite, a map to find the apples you want most, hay rides, live music/dancing, fresh apple butter, and it's historic!
- Apple cider - while we didn't get any cider from our travels, we did happen to have some Trader Joe's cider compliments of our small group : ) It was perfect. More to come I am sure!
- Take walks in the pretty weather - check! I've enjoyed the Blue Ridges, our neighborhood in downtown Raleigh, and a few other parks around Raleigh!
- Take pictures - check! We've been trying to take more photos with our nice camera. The next step will be actually printing them out! It's easy to let a lot of life pass by and not stop to capture the moment in a way other than insta-stories.
- Get pumpkins - check! I stopped by the farmer's market yesterday and picked a humble trio of green and white pumpkins for our mantle. I especially love the gnarly green ones : )
- Decorate the house - check! It's not much, but as long as there's a lit candle, a little seasonal color, and some soup simmering in the kitchen, the ambiance is pretty much set.
- Watch Gilmore Girls - check! And it's fulfilling all those fall-y feelings.
- Make lots of soup - check! More to come! I love pulling recipes off the @whole30recipes instagram feed! This turkey sweet potato chili has been a huge hit!
- Windows open - check! It's finally cool enough that we don't turn on our heating or air at all, and it's actually blanket-worthy!
- Fall-scented candles - check! Usually I like soy candles in the house, but for fall I make an exception! Bath & Body Works Sweater Weather and Pumpkin Apple are my faves!
- Have a picnic - not yet
- Football and wings - check! But separately : ) Still good though!
- Sit by a fire - check! Once at a friends house in their back yard fire pit, and again at our motel in Blowing Rock (they light the fire pit every night and it's magical!)
- Baked goods - yes to pumpkin banana muffins, but no pie yet! That shall happen soon!
- Autumn Harvest Dinner Party - not sure if this one will happen, but I do have daydreams of cheese boards, wine, and soup around the table with friends. Maybe I'll come at it casually instead of throwing the large soiree that's in my mind, and who knows, maybe it'll be better that way!
- Farmers market - check! Find all your greens (kale, mustard, collards), pumpkins, squashes, apples, and late season tomatoes now. We love the State Farmer's Market because it's large, close by, and open every day!
- Listen to some great music, and make some too! - check! I have been loving John Mark McMillan's new album so much! Also planning on recording some new music in spring of 2018, and hoping for a release in summer!
What's on your bucket list? Link it to me in the comments!