Hi gals! Have you heard of beauty boxes? You may have seen ads on social media for them - there's Birchbox, Ipsy, Beautyfix... the list goes on and on. There is a box for every kind of budget, style, and lifestyle. Essentially it's a subscription you pay per month, and you get this cute little box in the mail filled with goodies for your skin and hair. It's basically like Christmas every month.
Of course I have been interested, and finally chose to subscribe to a beauty box to help me discover new brands of skincare, haircare, and cosmetics that are a bit more natural, clean, and ethically made, for personal and professional use. A beauty box is a great way to try new things without breaking the bank or feeling that committal feeling when you shell out $15 for a new lip gloss that you're not sure you'll even like!
So, I took a cue from HulloSam (one of my fave beauty bloggers) and signed up for Petit Vour - a beauty box that is committed to quality over quantity, and seeks out the highest performing, cleanest, most ethically made products out there. There are usually 4 products per box, at least one of which is full-size. They have a pretty strict list of ingredients they will not accept called "The Dirty Thirty" - check those out here.
Pretty pink box on your doorstep once a month - it's like Christmas!
There's always a little card with cute illustrations on it, and on the back it has all of the explanations/ingredients/directions for use for each product.
When I signed up last summer, I filled out a profile including details about my skin color, type, and special needs (i.e.: acne), my hair color, type, and needs, and how much I spend on different categories (do you tend to spend more on hair products? cosmetics? skin care?)
That's how they choose the colors and products for your box. I love it! I have found some amazing products that I will definitely re-purchase when I run out. And the great news is that you do decide to purchase a product that was once featured in a box, you can buy it right off of Petit Vour's website and get 20% back to keep using in the shop. Pre-tty great if you really like the products you're receiving.
So, here's the lineup for this month's box!
First is Metta Skincare's Intensive Replenishing Face Balm. I've used this twice now, and really I would recommend it only a couple times a week, at night only, if you have any dry patches or suffer from drier skin. Plus it smells amazing! A little goes a long way.
Next is this cleansing oil from Little Barn Apothecary. I've tried it once, and I like it! I wouldn't use it every day personally, but it's a nice change in the mornings if you feel like your skin needs a little more cleansing than a water-only wash. You start dry, then rub on the cleansing oil, then wipe with a warm, wet washcloth. I would recommend following up with a serum or light moisturizer for daytime.
This has to be my favorite product in this month's box! It's a highlighter for your face, Galaxy Milk by Kani. It smells SO GOOD and really does a lovely job highlighting! It's quite a water texture, so a little goes a long way with this as well. Be sure to shake it up really well prior to using. I would totally consider repurchasing this.
Here are some other products I have loved from boxes past!
- Meow Meow Tweet's all natural deodorant cream - definitely the best working "natural" deode I've used, although it still doesn't quite get me through the entire day stink free, so I save it for non-client-facing days!
- We Love Eyes natural eye makeup remover - it's kind of like a rejuvenating oil for your eyes that also takes off any residual eye makeup.
- juice Beauty luminous lip crayon in Malibu - LOVE THIS COLOR! I've been using it non-stop. It's the perfect nude-pink and I love that it is good for my skin.
- Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower oil. It smells amazing. You rub it on before you shower in the morning, then enjoy the awakening smell while you wake up!
- Apoterra Skincare's Tulsi Rejuvenating oil - I love this stuff. I use it on my legs after I soap it up, before I shave, and again after I shave. I just pat to dry and it keeps my leg skin supple. I've also used it in a bath with some epsom salts - super relaxing!
- This is the weirdest thing I've received in my box, but I have to say, I'm a fan! It's a Konjac Sponge- it's a potato root! It's super popular in asia and is becoming more popular here. You soak it until it becomes supple, and you use it to cleanse and exfoliate with or without soap. It's filled with antioxidants, balances the acidity of your skin, and clears pores. Yes please!
Do you use a beauty box? If so, which one? Do you prefer more natural, clean products for your skin and hair? Any favorites you are using? Lemme know!
With blush & bobby pins,