Hi beauties! How was your November?
To be honest, I can't believe it's already December - I haven't stopped to really consider all that has happened in November, but I just know it was a lot! A lot of great things, memories made, laughter, family time, a couple of tough moments, and celebrating.
- Road-tripped to the Outer Banks with Nancy to do a tag-team hair/makeup and photo session for my cousin's engagement photos!
- Met with one of my favorites (& designer of this website) Sarah of Native State Design to dream about some creative endeavors I've been combing through over the last several months, hopefully to come to life in 2018!
- Partied hard at the Southern Weddings Volume 10 Launch Party! What a fun night to dress up to the nines, celebrate a beautiful print magazine & their team, & hug people I love but don't often get to see outside of a wedding day! By the way, did you see this editorial I was a part of?
- Did hair and makeup for my friend Katie's wedding day (& tried Lipsense for the first time for her wedding! What do y'all think of Lipsense?? Gonna compile my thoughts here soon!)
- Did hair and makeup for my sister-in-law and one of my dearest friend's, Jess', wedding! I was running behind with HAMU, I was sweating like a pig, I remembered what it's like to be IN a wedding whilst getting hair and makeup done (& have a renewed sense of purpose to provide as much structure, peace, and stability as possible to my clients!) It was SUCH a beautiful day! Joanne & Amy joined as well to help out the rest of the girls, and did a fantastic job as always!
- Joined Beautycounter! After a ton of time, a ton of thought, trying out product, reading up extensively on the business, purpose, and mission. Click here to read why I chose BC for me and for LULA, and click here to shop with me!
- Facetimed with my sweet friend Rhi of Rhiannon Bosse Celebrations and got encouraged about business, taking time away, the highs and lows of social media, and dreaming of 2018. It is SO good to connect with other business owners in your industry to be encouraged and uplifted!
- Took care of my little Milly niece and Winston for a couple of days
- Helped host a bridesmaid day at my home to celebrate Jess pre-wedding! We got our nails done, visited her new beautiful home, ate lunch back at my place, watch Gilmore Girls, did a little gifting time, and ate dinner at Bartaco (if you haven't been, you need to go! And trust me when I tell you to get a margarita and a pork belly taco!)
- Left for the beach and celebrated all week long for Jess and Kyle's wedding!! Woohoo!
- Slept one million hours after that
- Had a Thanksgiving Eve surprise date-night with John to Brewery Bhavana at the bar - Pork Bao, trust me on this one too!
- Made the most kickass apple pie - I use this recipe from BHG every Thanksgiving and it's not for the faint of heart, but it is SO GOOD.
- Celebrated Thanksgiving with my husband's family on T-giving day, then my family on Saturday. On the day in between, we hiked part of the MTS trail in north Raleigh and the day was just the finest Raleigh in the fall has to offer. We got our tree - at Kroger : ) Nothing like good prices and simplicity sometimes!
- Decorated our tree and our home for the holidays!
- Dealt with a little surprise meltdown moment, only to realize I was still dealing with loss - it was the 2 year anniversary of being pregnant, our only time conceiving in the last 3 years. What a journey! God is good and present through it all!
- Reading Animal Vegetable Miracle still, and finishing up the last chapter (December) of The Life-Giving Home. I highly recommend both of these for your 2018 reading list!
- Trying to wake up a bit earlier to enjoy more daylight and have extended morning time to do all the things I like to do - time with Jesus, a few chores, breakfast, and working out. Going well so far!
December + End of Year Thoughts
What an amazing year. I really want to thank you, my kindred friends, for supporting me through so much change this year! It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I told you all about it. I really believe that being vulnerable and transparent is one of the strongest tools God uses in us, to encourage one another, bridge the gaps of isolation, and do some real healing. I'm really thankful for you! I can't wait to see what 2018 brings, and I can't wait to share what I've been dreaming up for all of us. Thank you for your patience, your kindness, and your encouragement with and to me!
In December, I'm looking forward to a few things:
- One engagement session, one trial, and one wedding (because let's be honest, the extra money is going to be helpful for holidaying! And, I want to keep my skills sharp and my heart soft!)
- Hosting our first ever holiday party for a few friends in our home. I'm a little nervie but the best way to get over that is to just do it : )
- Maybe sing a little
- Go see the Governor's Mansion all beautifully decked out in red, gold, and green
- Hang out with friends and family
- Attend a few parties as well!
- Do a little more shopping and wrap my presents
- Get back in the gym with all the pre-wedding gusto I had a few weeks ago! It really does make me feel so much better physically and emotionally!
How can I encourage you this month? Message me or comment below. Do you have goals posted - link em! I wanna cheer you on!
All my love Lulettes,