Happy January, lulettes! It's January 10th. 2017 is in its budding, and I am so thankful. One thing I have to remind myself is that I didn't miss anything by not having stuff done or decided on by January 1. January is this awesome incubator of great ideas. In the wedding industry, it is a natural lull from client-facing activity, so I have had the necessary time and space to assess my last year, figure out what worked and what needed changing, and plan a trajectory I could get excited about for 2017.
I have long loved writing my goals (ever since middle school!) and love that they can be whatever I want them to be. Small (drink water every day), big (grow our family), and everything in between (go to the gym 3-4 days a week *side eyes*) Along with many other women in my industry, I truly enjoy using Powersheets - they really work for me. This year, I wanted to share them with you!
- Become more of a worshipper with my life - in my home, hourly, with John, giving more, encouraging others, being available
- More self-care daily & regularly - allowing myself a spot on my priority list for things I easily opt out of for lack of time (massages, mani/pedis, facials, and generally treating myself like I would treat a friend)
- Plan, prioritize, and protect Rest, Adventure, & Vacation Times - to help draw a clearer boundary between work and life, to de-stress and not go too many weeks without checking in with myself deeply
- Maintain & enjoy healthful eating - not about dismissing food groups but really connecting my tummy, my mind, and my heart.
- Become consistent with & prioritize workout times - make a date with myself and not break it
- Start recording music project #2! Read more about it on this post
- Stramline and organize my business - but don't let this be #1 - instead of growing bigger and busier, make what I already have work at it's best, truest, and cleanest!
- Strive to wake early consistently & enjoy sacred morning time - this will serve all of my other goals well!
- Enjoy a stronger and healthier marriage - honoring and respecting, listening, date nights, celebrating our 5 year anniversary, walk through growing a family together!
- WRITE - one of my favorite ways to figure out what I am thinking/feeling, give myself a voice, time, and space, and I capture the nuances of every day life which make up my time here
- Organize blog plan and newsletter plan (The Lulette Gazette!!) for the year
- Write January blogs and compose intro newsletter (I did it I did it! Sign up for the LULETTE GAZETTE here! Once a month, petite and simple, opt out any time!)
- Choose email organization system and implement
- Choose social media automation tool and implement
- Nichole's detailed daily schedule
- Clean up inquiries on schedule through July and implement the 2 week system
- Schedule workout days for the month, aim for 3-4 workouts a week
- Write personal blog
- Simple collage inspiration (I am 100% visual/kinesthetic so it helps me focus!)
- Enjoy no-makeup days and polish-free nails!
- Clarify personal schedule through July, including rest days, getaways, and music days
- Caffeine-free days weekly
- Wake at 7am daily
- Drink 2 liters of water daily
- Walk outside for a break during the day
- Pray, read scripture, write during sacred morning times daily
- Read Where there is love, there is God and What the Most Successful People Do before Breakfast
Comment with a link to your goals below! I'd love to hear what you're doing/reading/planning/celebrating!
With blush + bobby pins,